Don’t miss your opportunity to submit your application to for the 2018 Kakehashi Project.
In partnership with the government of Japan, the Congressional Black Caucus Foundation, Inc. (CBCF) will select 18 participants for the 2018 Kakehashi Project, a study aboard program in Japan for emerging leaders.
Through this initiative, the CBCF, the Embassy of Japan, and the Japanese International Cultural Center aspire to increase African American students’ interest in and exposure to global opportunities and the culture of Japan.
• March 20 – 30, 2018 – includes pre and post-departure briefings in Washington, DC
• Application deadline: January 28, 2018
Gain Cultural Perspective
The project will take place in and around Tokyo, Japan from March 22 – 29, 2018. It will include tours of cultural and historical landmarks, lectures on U.S.-Japan relations, and visits to leading technology companies.
How to Apply
Participants should live, work or attend a school in a Congressional Black Caucus member district and be a current undergraduate junior or senior, graduate school student, or recent college graduate (May 2016 or after).
Individuals who have visited Japan through any invitation program organized by the government of Japan or have participated in a CBCF study abroad program are not eligible to apply.
Preference will be given to participants who have:
- Completed relevant coursework in international affairs/relations, Political science, foreign relations, international trade/business, urban planning, Japanese language, or Asian Studies.
Application requirements include:
- A color copy of a current passport that is valid for the dates of the program
- College and/or graduate transcript(s)
- Two letters of recommendation
- A professional resume; headshot/photo; and an essay.
Students are only responsible for roundtrip transportation from their home to Washington, DC and any personal expenses they incur.
For more information contact:
Congressional Black Caucus Foundation, Inc.
1720 Massachusetts Avenue, NW
Washington, D.C. 20036